- Provider has adopted this Policy in accordance with the privacy law.
- This Policy outlines how Provider deals with Personal Information, which it collects in conjunction with the Services.
- Provider may also collect information about Individuals who do not use the Services.
- Capitalised words in this Policy are defined terms. Defined terms are explained at the end of this Policy.
2. Collecting information directly from people
Provider collects Personal Information directly when an Individual:
- Contacts Provider by telephone, email or another form of communication;
- Sends the Provider a message through SMS or a third party app;
- Other ways Provider collects information directly;
- Registers or subscribes for an account;
- The Service automatically captures Personal Information in content Individuals post on the Services;
- Provider’s server and analytics service may log details about website visits;
- Location services, when switched on, capture Individuals’ locations;
- Provider’s website will likely place a cookie on Individuals’ devices;
- Store visitors’ I.P. addresses;
3. Collecting information from third parties
Provider collects Personal Information about Individuals from third parties when:
- Individuals link their account on the Service with accounts on social networks such as Facebook and Instagram;
- third parties give Provider access to files containing Personal Information;
- Provider conducts research on Individuals, including potential customers;
4. Types of Information that Provider collects and holds
Using processes described in this Policy, Provider collects the following categories of Personal Information about Individuals:
- (Identity Information) name, signature, date of birth, nationality, license & registration details, bank account and credit card details, family details, employment details, educational qualifications, usernames;
- (Contact Information) email address, social media profiles, telephone & fax number, third-party usernames, residential, Provider and postal addresses;
- (Behaviour Information) habits, movements, trends, decisions, associations, memberships, finances, purchases;
- (Internet Data) webpage views, IP address, referring web site addresses, location, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times and other data typically collected by analytics services like Google Analytics;
5. How Provider stores Personal Information
Provider holds and stores Personal Information using:
- (Storage Services) third party data storage services, including applications and software such as Shopify and MailChimp;
- (Provider Devices) devices operated by employees of Provider’s business; and
- (Paper Files) printed paper and third party archival storage services.
Provider will take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Information from unauthorised access. This includes measures to secure the Provider’s physical facilities and electronic networks.
Provider secures Personal Information that Provider collects with credentials, passwords, pins, encryption, session expiry, firewalls, SSL network encryption, and through the use of reputable vendors.
For more information on security, please contact Provider using the details in the "contacting us" below.
7. Deletion procedures
Provider deletes Personal Information when users close their account with us.
8. Why data is held, used and disclosed
Provider’s handling of Personal Information includes holding, using and sometimes sharing the Personal Information so that Provider can:
- Provide the Services;
- Provide notifications and support;
- Offer marketing and promotions, competitions, surveys and questionnaires;
- Transact with Individuals and process payments;
- Assess and improve the Services;
- Provide secure access to the Services;
For more information on when Provider shares Personal Information, see below.
9. Disclosing Personal Information
Provider shares Personal Information with others in the following ways:
- Displaying information about Individuals on pages, profiles, walls, and accounts;
- Publishing details about Individuals in their pages on Provider’s website;
- Sharing profile and activity information with social networks, and posting to those social networks if Individuals have given permission for this to occur;
- Showing usernames and contact details on forums, comments, messages and correspondence; and
- Facilitating the sharing of information about sales, inquiries and payments.
10. Service providers can access personal information
When Provider uses the services of companies that Provider works with to provide the Services, they may get access to the Provider’s data, including Personal Information. Such third party services may include:
- (Hosting) Cloud and web hosting service providers;
- (SaaS) providers of software as a service;
- (Support) providers of IT support services, web and software development;
- (Data analytics) Google Analytics (see [http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/](http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/));
- (Online payment) providers of online payment systems; and
- (Apple device functionality providers) Apple location services, Siri dictation, Apple Maps, Apple Notifications (see [http://www.apple.com/au/privacy/](http://www.apple.com/au/privacy/)).
Provider will only share Personal Information with these third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to perform their functions.
These third parties may have their own privacy and security policies. For more information about this, please contact Provider using the details listed in the "contacting us" section below.
For information on disclosures to overseas recipients, see below.
11. Disclosing information overseas
The Provider may store or process some Personal Information overseas. Individuals may not have the same rights relating to their information when it is overseas as they would under Australian privacy law.
If Individuals consent to such transfer, Provider will not be accountable for overseas recipients’ handling of their Personal Information.
12. Contacting us
Individuals may edit content and account details within the Services.
However, Individuals can also contact the Provider using the details below if they want to access, correct or delete Personal Information or lodge a complaint.
Privacy Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Provider reserves the right to refuse access or correction where there are reasonable grounds for doing so, for example if providing access would be unlawful or would compromise the privacy of another person.
13. Complaints process
If Individuals have a complaint about privacy, they can contact Provider using the details listed above.
Provider will respond to complaints in writing within a reasonable period (usually 10 business days from the day Provider receives an email).
Provider will try to work with Individuals to resolve complaints entirely within 20 business days, although that period may be longer if it is reasonable to take longer given the nature of the complaint.
If Individuals are unsatisfied with our response, they may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (http://www.oaic.gov.au/).
Individual, Individuals means a natural person.
Personal Information means information about an Individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from that information. This includes information like names, telephone numbers, email addresses and physical addresses.
Policy, Policies means this document, drafted in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Provider means Craft Nation Pty Ltd.
Service, Services means the sale of "craft activity packs" via craftnation.com.au.